Why we build serverless web and mobile apps.
The drive to microservices by giants such as Netflix has shown everyone why building monolithic applications is a thing of the past.
Serverless apps have to be microservices-based.
The stack that we use for our apps
Angular for the frontend
Services we use
- Database — Firebase
- Storage — Google Cloud Storage
- Server dependent tasks — Google Cloud Functions
- Email — Mailgun
- Authentication — Firebase auth
- Push Notifications — One Signal
The benefits of this stack
- No server management expertise needed
- No maintenance needed on services except maintaining the app itself.
- All of these are high availability services built with scalability in mind
- The pay per use pricing of the services means that costs are small since our clients don’t have to pay for idle capacity.
- It’s very easy to scale up or down depending on usage.
- There are generous free tiers on all the services.